Because Blogbooker requires a premium account after a number of exportation, copy past from wordpress to word manually.)
Testing the unity build
- Remove DeleteAll (PlayerPrefs key) when quit the application – TimeSpending.cs
- Change the life span of the butterfly to 24 hours (10 minutes) – ID_butterfly.cs
- UV mapping of 3D assets – (import from .jpg and export in .png the texture file in gimp)
- Light – (change direction of light)
- Add story –
- Scroll panel goes too far (Collection scene) – (change size of content and Panel_picture)
- Add localization everywhere
- Flag in parameter Scene starts as english when it’s french – (DeleteAll() that would delete the language)
- No limit for feeding butterfly (in panel) – code was commented so uncommented it
- Scroll panel is in behind butterfly – (change z)
- Food game, selection of testing mode doesn’t work – change getting the mode in Start() instead of Awake()
- Food Game, object destroyed result of missing reference exception – coroutine stopped too soon? Once the flowers are on their way to the bag, the player shouldn’t be able to interact with them (remove Box collider 2D?) -> Because this game is mostly outsources, I have less control. The problem is that flower(s) is(are) on top of others instead of going in the bag:
- It seems like the animation stop before it is supposed to; the coroutine is interrupted. Solution: (1) make the animation part of the flower itself, not the flowers manager. (2) avoid the coroutine to be stopped.
- private IEnumerator MoveCandyInBag(GameObject flower, float speed) isn’t called for all flowers
- private IEnumerator MoveCandyInBag(GameObject flower, float speed), while loop never stops?
Try to have another Bejewelled code
Following this tutorial: https://www.raywenderlich.com/673-how-to-make-a-match-3-game-in-unity
- No help to find a new combination.
- No bonus
Back to the previous bejewelled code and changing as little as possible
- Make sure it fits in the screen: (Start() of ShapesManager.cs)
Need to :
- Make sur the bag and bottom part is always in front – Create two canvas with different sorting layers and the bejewelled inbetween
- Connect it to the score (GameManager.cs and ShapesManager.cs) and change point win (Constants.cs)
- Add the animations (outside ShapesManager.cs to avoid breaking the code)
- Add the modes
- Add the end
- Collection scene- scroll panel: Not scaling correctly when screen size change. – Write script ContentFitScreen.cs on Content of ScrollPanel
- Inertia of the scroll in Collection Scene – Activate it
- Food Scene – position of the apple picture is colliding with panel – change scaling method
- UV mapping of net (import/export on Photoshop)
- Header in butterfly game is not fitting the width
- Error “Coroutine couldn’t be started because the the game object ‘Back_Scrollpanel’ is inactive!” – add condition to check if the object is active
- Remove all the print
- Butterfly game – gauge background not well placed
- Collection – flower don’t get to butterfly (too fast?) – now go in front of the butterfly
- Gauge of infinity mode (food game) should start at the middle
- ButterflyGame – load the gameEndScene 4 time and stop there (black screen of the transition, never get to GameEndScene) – Now check GameOver bool so it only call end of the game once
- Check Food and Net count – (given in ButtonDifficulty.cs; changed in NetAmountDisplay, TimeBeforeNextNet.cs; managed in Variables.cs) – add a testing tool for nets so it never reaches 0
- Start over button doesnt work – wrong scene name
- Feed all – flowers dont appear for all the butterflies – because check only .x not .y
- Double click to load a page make it bug – add a bool so the function is done only once at a time
- Butterfly Game – gauge goes out of the container – Rect transform change
- Get more (you need x more foodstuffs) button doesn’t work.
- Wings of the butterfly are not open when not catch in panel info (collection scene)
Montage (using OpenShot and Gimp to create the pictures of the titles):
little bugs appeared while exporting the video (For instance, show a frame instead of another) so I had to use Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 to fix it. Also to slow some parts to the subtitles can be read: (the quality of the video is low though)
- Optimise the code (remove the find by name or by index as a child, etc)
- Add background.
- Change candy sprite with flowers
- Change the text of the story with animated pictures.
- Make the butterflies fly in the jars.
- Test more as a player (try to break the game)
- Add music and sound effects
- Maybe release it on Play store as a mobile game (with Ads to get more nets)
- This project helped me understand the importance of iteration; When developing project, I used to write the game design with only one idea and program the prototype from it. Now I realised it is better to have several ways to do one mechanic and test them to decide which suits the game best.
- Taught me to take the time to try different mechanics and not rush into production.
- I now understand better the purpose of prototyping and how it can be used to organise playtesting with the right targeted audience.
- For the next projects, I will definitely spend more time as a game designer in pre-production (i.e. test the mechanics, etc.) before actually starting the production.